Movie Reviews (such as they are)

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Weather Man

I like Nicolas Cage, and I'll watch most stuff that he's in, even though I know that he accepts a lot of bad work along with the good. The Weather Man was difficult to predict (ouch, pardon the pun) from the trailers which way it would go. So it got rented, just in case. It was directed by Gore Verbinski, though, so it had to be okay, I figured.

Well, it was okay. No more, no less. Cage plays a weather man who gets violently accosted in the street from time to time for getting his forecasts wrong. He has a dysfunctional family, yada yada yada. Michael Caine plays his dad.

I dunno, man, it just didn't do it for me. Sure, I laughed here and there. But it's left me with nothing, y'know. All I remember from it are the bits from the trailer. Wow, this really was a film that you could watch simply by watching the trailer...

I'm bored of my complex rating system, so I'm going back to my old way. I score this movie 43 out of 100.

Labels: , ,